The SAFD stands in solidarity with those suffering from systemic racism and injustice.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee has created an anti-racism statement, acknowledging the Society's complicity in systemic racism and reforming it to reflect the needs of ALL of our members, current and future.
Enjoy the benefits of membership. Join the SAFD today!
Anyone interested in the art of staged combat can become a member of the SAFD. Our members enjoy superior benefits designed to make the most of their skills and opportunities. Among those:
- New members can join online for just $30.00 dollars, a 33% discount over the standard rate (1)
- Apply for scholarships for our National Stage Combat Workshops held every summer
- Professional networking with members and organizations worldwide
- Get listed in our web site stage combat directories, which can lead to acting and directing opportunities
Stay informed with access to The Cutting Edge Newsletter and
subscription to Fight Master Magazine
(1) Discount is for first time members who pay their initial dues using our secured online signup and payment system.
Current SAFD Governing Body Initiatives
- In September 2020, the College of Fight Masters voted that 10% of all test adjudication fees will be put into a scholarship fund to defray costs for BIPOC students, particularly those in underserved communities, to attend regional and national workshops.
- The SAFD Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee has a mandate to create more opportunities for People of Color and other minorities in our membership. The DEIC committee members are listed here. To ask to join the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee, please email email@example.com
- A grant-writing committee proposed by SAFD AAC Hannah Roccisano has been working diligently to create a structure to provide workshops and resources to underserved communities, like those in the inner cities of our larger concentrations in major cities like Chicago and New York City.
- The Pedagogy Committee is working on a mentorship program, associate instructor program, and multiple paths for teaching opportunities for Advanced Actor Combatants.
- The Fight Director Training and Representation Committee is working on paths for professional fight directors who have not hitherto been associated with SAFD to join at the Fight Director level. They are also working on continuing education programs for Certified Teachers and Fight Directors.
Make a donation to the SAFD!
To work with the best
you need to train with the best.
The Society of American Fight Directors is an internationally recognized non-profit organization dedicated to promoting safety and fostering excellence in the art of stage combat. Whether you are a producer, director, actor or teacher, we can help accelerate your stage combat skills.
SAFD members gain access to a world class networking organization, high calibre stage combat training, and mentorship all designed to maximize your career opportunities. Our members include professional actors, directors, producers, educators, dancers, singers, stunt performers, historians, and armorers working in theatre, film, television, all levels of academia, stunt shows, opera, and the video gaming industry.