With the SAFD
Enjoy the benefits of membership. Join the SAFD today!
Anyone interested in the art of staged combat can become a member of the SAFD. Our members enjoy superior benefits designed to make the most of their skills and opportunities. Among those:
- New members can join online for just $30.00 dollars, a 33% discount over the standard rate (1)
- Apply for scholarships for our National Stage Combat Workshops held every summer
- Professional networking with members and organizations worldwide
- Get listed in our web site stage combat directories, which can lead to acting and directing opportunities
Stay informed with access to The Cutting Edge Newsletter and
subscription to Fight Master Magazine
(1) Discount is for first time members who pay their initial dues using our secured online signup and payment system.
The American Guild of Musical Artists (AGMA) announces its first official female Fight Director:
A regular at Chicago's Lyric Opera and a nationally recognized fight director, Katherine Coyl recently received the honor of becoming AGMA's first female fight director. Katherine serves as Business Manager and Friend / AC / AAC representative on the Governing Body of the Society of American Fight Directors. Her work has been seen nationally, and she continues to expand hers and the SAFD's presence in the world of opera and theatre.
Make a donation to the SAFD!
To work with the best
you need to train with the best.
The Society of American Fight Directors is an internationally recognized non-profit organization dedicated to promoting safety and fostering excellence in the art of stage combat. Whether you are a producer, director, actor or teacher, we can help accelerate your stage combat skills.
SAFD members gain access to a world class networking organization, high calibre stage combat training, and mentorship all designed to maximize your career opportunities. Our members include professional actors, directors, producers, educators, dancers, singers, stunt performers, historians, and armorers working in theatre, film, television, all levels of academia, stunt shows, opera, and the video gaming industry.