- NSCW Coordinator
- Long-time Certified Teacher and Fight Director
- Associate Professor of Acting & Stage Combat
University of Michigan
With the SAFD
Enjoy the benefits of membership. Join the SAFD today!
Anyone interested in the art of staged combat can become a member of the SAFD. Our members enjoy superior benefits designed to make the most of their skills and opportunities. Among those:
- New members can join online for just $30.00 dollars, a 33% discount over the standard rate (1)
- Apply for scholarships for our National Stage Combat Workshops held every summer
- Professional networking with members and organizations worldwide
- Get listed in our web site stage combat directories, which can lead to acting and directing opportunities
Stay informed with access to The Cutting Edge Newsletter and
subscription to Fight Master Magazine
(1) Discount is for first time members who pay their initial dues using our secured online signup and payment system.
2020-2023 GOVERNING BODY EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Executive Committee terms begin in January of 2020 and last three years.
2019-2022 MEMBERSHIP REPRESENTATIVES
Fight Master Representative
Fight Director Representative
Certified Teacher Representative
AC / AAC Friend Representative
Member Representative terms begin in January of 2019 and last three years.
Make a donation to the SAFD!
To work with the best
you need to train with the best.
The Society of American Fight Directors is an internationally recognized non-profit organization dedicated to promoting safety and fostering excellence in the art of stage combat. Whether you are a producer, director, actor or teacher, we can help accelerate your stage combat skills.
SAFD members gain access to a world class networking organization, high calibre stage combat training, and mentorship all designed to maximize your career opportunities. Our members include professional actors, directors, producers, educators, dancers, singers, stunt performers, historians, and armorers working in theatre, film, television, all levels of academia, stunt shows, opera, and the video gaming industry.